Saturday, July 20, 2013

15 July 2013 - At the Salt Lake City Airport

This post is by me, Mom (Kris Bloomfield):

As mentioned in a previous post, Steve was headed back to Calif. Monday morning.  He thought he would just go a little early for his flight and just see if by chance he could see Travis at his gate.  I awoke, threw on some clothes and drove Steve to the airport at 4:45am.  As we pulled up to the curb and I turned to tell Steve goodbye, I glanced over in the airport and spotted Travis.  He had just checked his bags in and was headed towards security.  In excitement, I sent Steve off on his way and told him that I would sit right there and that he should call or text me if indeed I was correct and it was Travis.  He headed into the airport and with in a minute came back out with Travis.  It was soooooo awesome to be able to see him and give him one last hug before he headed off to Japan for the next 22 months to serve his mission.  He looked great as usual and was a little nervous, but mostly excited to just move on to the next stage of his mission.


Steve continued with him on through security and then to his gate.  He stayed with him until he boarded the plane and then watched him take off.  He enjoyed being able to speak a little Japanese with him!!! 

Travis called us from Dallas on his lay over.  He was able to talk to Olivia, Cassi, Grandma Nielsen, and myself.  He also made separate calls to Kyle and Mason.  It was good to have some last words with him before he left the USA.


Thought for this week:



No comments:

Post a Comment