Monday, January 13, 2014

30 December 2013 - 20th Birthday and Sho's Baptism

Well good morning everyone.  Today is transfer calls and I am quite nervous.  I really don't want to leave Saijo.  I have been able to see this area literally explode and I still have work here yet to do, however word on the street is I will most likely be moving out to other responsibility elsewhere.  We shall see. 


Nonetheless,  my birthday was by far the most fantastic birthday I have ever had!!!   Sho was baptized, and the Tongas and Jay were both able to make it to church on Sunday!   We had a total of 22 people at church on Sunday.   Lily Tonga (the mom) said she asked Manako what church they were going to this Sunday, the Elders church or our church, and he said oh whatever not sure yet.  But when he left the house wearing his white shirt, she said she knew we would be coming to the elders church today!   So that was way cool of them to come.   We had a little mijikaku shokuji (meeting) after church and everyone sang Happy Birthday.   No worries no worries,  I did indeed sing the Danish part as well to myself.  

Sho's baptism was great.   I had to do it twice because I'm a first timer but all was well.  When I asked him how he felt afterwards he said I'm freezing!!  haha    Later he told me, it is hard to describe, but it just feels right.  He has made amazing changes in the last 2 weeks in his life.   It is all due to the power of the Book of Mormon.  2 weeks ago most lessons he became stressed about commandments or the principles and he just wouldn't accept any change.  So, we changed our lessons to all reading from the Book of Mormon and just 2 weeks later, his testimony took off, he had his own spiritual experiences from our Heavenly Father, and has been baptized and is the happiest I've ever seen him.   He was a bit confused about the testimony sharing part after you are baptized and I told him, "oh no worries it doesn't have to be long, you can say anything you want, even simple things like Heavenly Father loves you and things like that!"  haha   So he got up in front of everyone and said "i know Heavenly Father loves me, and loves everyone, amen"  and smiled and sat down.  That sly dog.  I'm really happy for him though. 

We had a powerful lesson with Morita otosan yesterday. so that was good!

This week we also watched 17 Miracles with members and our dendo shunin was supposed to translate it, but that didn't work out, so guess who was asked to do it? haha  Yes, my comp and I translated the entire movie 17 Miracles for everyone having dinner at their house.  It was quite the experience. 

Also thank you for the birthday gift with the notes from everyone.   As  a missionary that is probably the coolest gift you could receive.   It was cool being able to read all those from friends and see how they're doing seeing as they never write me letters ;)   

Well that's about all I have for today!   Hope all is well for everyone!   I know our Heavenly Father loves all of us and if we will just allow him to, we can receive his help no matter what we may be doing or going through. 

1 Nephi 11:17 "And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things."

Much Love,

Elder Bloomfield
Sho's Baptism


Travis's 20th Birthday (I mailed him all the party favors and stuff to celebrate)

Message posted on Facebook:
This message has been posted by Travis's mom, Kris Nielsen Bloomfield. He emailed it to me and asked if I would post it for him as he is not allowed to use facebook while on his mission. I want to thank you all for the Birthday messages as well. Traivs loved receiving them and said it was the best birthday present he could have ever received!!!!!! Here is his message:

"Thankyou for all those who sent me a birthday note or card. It was cool to get to hear from all of you on what you have been up to lately or just a kind note. I love and miss you all so it was great to hear from you. So far Japan has been nothing short of an amazing experience, I am absolutely loving it and wish to stay forever. Right now I am in Hiroshima, it is pretty chilly to be honest, especially biking everyday, but I have been able to learn more than I could have hoped for in just the 6 months I've been here so far. Most of all I've been able to learn how god loves all of us and and being able to view the many amazing miracles he puts in peoples lives to help them when they may be struggling as a blessing. The food is indeed quite interesting and the culture is even better  The old grandpas are always a classic to talk to and have many stories to tell you even if it is currently a blizzard of snow hitting us in the face. Thank you for your notes and I hope all is well. Ganbate ne! kokoro kara kansha shitte imasu. Mina san wa saiko daiyo. 
If you wish to recieve a letter or know more, feel free to write me at:
Elder Travis John Bloomfield 
Japan Fukuoka Mission
9-16 Hirao-josuimachi
Chuo-ku
Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka
810-0029 Japan



Much love,
Elder Bloomfield" 

Thought for the week:


No comments:

Post a Comment