Wednesday, September 28, 2016

16 May 2015 - Ohayogozaimsu Kazoku (Good Morning Family) - Last P-Day

Ohayogozaimasu kazoku,

Sorry we didn't have time to email yesterday. We had some stuff we had to do for the Ward.

Well this week was good. We mostly just did transfers. Elder Nelson down from Okinawa came up to be the new AP. He's just a way good man.  I'm super excited for he and Elder Hoskins and what they will be able to accomplish. 

One of the investigators we are teaching right now has been super prepared in his life. He told us about numerous experiences he's had that led him to know there is a God and told us he feels like there is a reason he has had these experiences and has been searching for God for a good part of his life. He's the kind of investigator that every time you ask a question he just gives the perfect answer. Has always wanted to find what is correct in life. He wants God's guidance in his life. He felt warmth and peace when he read the Book of Mormon the first time... His name is Kasamura san keep him in your prayers!

Well its weird to think today is my last p day. I've definitely learned tons over the past two years. Here are some of the things my mission has taught me.

1. Don't complain. Complaining comes from your pride and your lack of faith to carry out a certain task. In everything you do, you can think of it like 1 Nephi 3:5 ( And now, behold thy brothers murmur, saying it is a hard thing which I have required of them; but behold I have not required it of them, but it is a commandment of the Lord).or 1 Nephi 3:7 ( And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.).

2. Before I came out here on my mission,  I thought about my future and I had set 1 goal for myself. That was to be able to better understand the feelings of the Spirit and when God is communicating to me. I know without a doubt God is trying to reach out to each and everyone of us, it just takes time to recognize these feelings. I now know how to recognize promptings and what we must first do to recognize it. 

3. Unconditional service is the key to lasting happiness. Forget about yourself if you want to be happy.

4. Emailing is a lazy man's way of communication. If you want to get something done, call them and talk to them. Don't text.
5. God doesn't necessarily care about the things that we are doing, he cares about our heart. The commandments we live, the things we do, it is all simply ways the Lord has provided so we can better live with peace in our heart. On the other hand we can be keeping the commandments, going to church every Sunday, etc. and not feeling a remission of our sins if our heart is not in the right place, recognizing why we are here doing these things. Our actions must reflect our heart, not the other way around. 

6. Heavenly Father has a loving relationship we will never be able to fully comprehend. 

7. The biggest thing I learned - The results that come from relying on the Lord and receiving blessings from the Atonement. I have seen my weaknesses become strengths by the enabling power of the Atonement, simply by desire. Trying to do everything yourself is prideful and you won't accomplish much. Rely on the Lord and everything falls into place. 

There are still tons of things I don't know, things I don't understand, even things about the church that still might not make sense to me, but I know the gospel has been restored through Joseph Smith and we have been provided with life's answers to happiness, peace, and the help we need to succeed. If you don't believe in God, believe there is no way God and Christ could appear to a 14 year old boy, talk to the missionaries. I never expected the experiences I have had over the last 2 years. God and Christ have worked through me, a simple 19, 20 year old who can't even speak Japanese, to solve 20, 30, 40 and 70 year old peoples' struggles, concerns. I have no clue how to help these people, I have no clue what they have experienced in their life, but we meet them everyday. We can feel the Spirit working through us and we see their burdens being lifted off. We ask people to stop smoking, come to church every Sunday, quit work to make it happen, start reading and praying everyday, start paying some of the little money they have to a 10% tithing, break up with your girlfriend and move out. Any 19 or 20 year old that asked you to do this, you would tell them to get lost. It is impossible. But God communicates with these people, and they give everything for this feeling they have never felt before. God wants to help you, he loves you, Christ is the way. 

Much love,

Elder Bloomfield 
Baseball Game in Fukuoka

Thought for the Week:



No comments:

Post a Comment